We invite authors, publishers, editors, and agents as guest speakers at monthly meetings. They discuss writing, querying, publishing, and marketing your work.
Membership benefits also include:
- Discounted fee for monthly meetings;
- Networking opportunities with other members to provide additional exposure and further develop your writing career;
- Information on writing contests (including those sponsored by external organizations);
- Workshops to develop your writing skills;
- Your individual member page posted on the CWC Tri-Valley Branch website;
- Critique groups that meet face-to-face and/or online;
- Write around the Valley, the branch newsletter with writing tips, upcoming events and a column celebrating the latest publishing successes of our members;
- Literary Evening and Open Mic: An evening with California Writers Club where members read their work. This event is open to the general public; and
- Periodic emails updating you on time-sensitive writing opportunities, conferences and other events of interest to writers.