2015 Tri-Valley Writers
Annual High School Writing Contest
“My Story, My Vision”
The award presentation was held Sunday, May 17, 2:00-4:00 pm at Towne Center Books in Pleasanton.
A self-revelatory work dealing with an individual experience. 1200 word max. or 5 pages (title not included).
- 1st—Anjali Vadhri for “Musings of the Other Child”
- 2nd—Vani Lee for “Going Back into Nature”
- 3rd—Pondharshini Sadasivam for “A Memory That Grows”
- HM—Abigail Vogeley for “The Tom Touch”
- HM—Will Kim for “A Gamer’s Story”
- HM—Emily Chuah for “I Have a Superpower”
Writing in verse. May include prose poetry, free verse, song lyrics, spoken word (i.e., rap). Up to 30 lines (title not included).
- 1st—Spoorthi Vittaladevuni for “Etched Words”
- 2nd—Hannah Binder for “Forgiving My Father”
- 3rd—Noah Yan for “Father to Son”
- HM—Casey Overfield for “The Boy”
- HM—Laura Augustinsky for “Encroachment”
- HM—Alexis Trujillo for “Monster’s Magic Mushroom”
- HM—Belle Goodson for “Sheets of Rain”
Short Story Fiction:
All genres. 1200 word max. or 5 pages (title not included).
- 1st—Miranda Tan for “Shattered Mirrors”
- 2nd—Megan Do for “Short Skirts”
- 3rd—Tegan Borg for “An Exploration of Destiny”
- HM—Angelica Hom for “Death is Hungry”
- HM—Aashna Avachat for “The Last Man on Earth”
- HM—Ingrid Lam for “Out, Out and Away”
- HM—Reilly Olson for “Igor”
All genres. Putting music and sound effects to words.
- 1st Poetry—Stephen Baker for “Sweet Song Sway”
- 1st Short Story—Jonathan Meyers for “My True Love”
Kudos to our judges this year— Lead: B. Lynn Goodwin-Brown, Essay: Patrick Coyle & Anne Koch, Poetry: Victoria Emmons & Fred Norman, SS Fiction: Neva Hodges & Julaina Kleist-Corwin. They not only read and judged the entries, they also provided feedback for each submission.
Thank you to the following donors:
- Scribe: Deborah Bernal, Frank Chelise, Paula Chinick, Pat Holladay (in memoriam), and Anne Koch.
- Mentor: Anonymous, Patricia Boyle, Victoria Emmons, Sonia Geasa, Lani Longshore, Diane Lovitt, and Camille DeFer Thompson.