2014 Tri-Valley Writers
Annual High School Writing Contest
“My Story, My Vision”
The award presentation was held Sunday, May 18, 2-4 pm at the Pleasanton Library.
A self-revelatory work dealing with an individual experience. 1200 word max. or 5 pages (title not included).
- 1st – Star by Star by Annie Chen, Dougherty High, Grade 11.
- 2nd – The Little Theatre by Hannah Keihl, Dublin High, Grade 11
Writing in verse. May include prose poetry, free verse, song lyrics, spoken word (i.e., rap). Up to 30 lines (title not included).
- 1st – Skeleton by Megan Chin, Livermore Valley Charter Prep, Grade 10
- 2nd – Brew by Maya Lyubomirsky, Foothill High, Grade 11
- 3rd – The Meaning of Life by Maya Lyubomirsky, Foothill High, Grade 11
- Honorable Mentions
- I Walked On by Jessica Heimann, Monte Vista, Grade 10
- Paper Paved Streets by Sophia Elkihel, Livermore Valley Charter Prep, Grade 10
- The Red Fruit of Summer by Christina Ge, Foothill High, Grade 10
- So Falls the Rain by Nabeel Mamoon, California High, Grade 10
Short Story Fiction:
All genres. 1200 word max. or 5 pages (title not included).
- 1st – Life is a Paradigm by Jhinuk Barman, Monte Vista, Grade 10
- 2nd – Burning Film by Tomi Tunrarebi, Monte Vista, Grade 10
- 3rd – The Grocery List by Jacob Smith, Monte Vista, Grade 10